PortaPlay is working on several new titles and we need YOUR help!
We are looking for an experienced gamedeveloper with some gamedesign experience, for our story-driven adventure/RPG/tactical games.
The responsibilities are gameplay programming, e.g. skills and abilities, controls, character movement and animations, and also supporting areas, such as gameplay scripting tools, statistics tracking and balancing tools. You will be part of an experienced development team of 4.
You will be working on an unannounced game, published by DONTNOD (developers of Life is Strange and other award winning titles) as well as prototypes and demos for other games.
- Min. 2 years of experience
- Strong Unity and C# skills
- Strong analytic sense
- Several completed projects on the portfolio (can be hobby/student projects, demoes, jams etc.)
- Experience with Unity analytics and balancing
- Experience with development/use of graph-based scripting (Blueprints/Bolt/Playmaker or similar).
- Experience with shaders and optimization
- Experience with consoles/switch development
- Experience with double-I+ projects
- The position is full time, salary and terms depends on qualifications.
- The position is on-site (center of Copenhagen), occasional work-from-home days are possible.
- The position can begin in November and is 6 months minimum.
- Deadline for application is 5. of November.
The pipeline, organization and office
We are working in Unity with a suite of custom gameplay scripting tools. We work in self-organized teams in a flat hierarchy structure. Work is mainly on-site from our office in the center of CPH. Crunch is something we actively strive to avoid, but rely instead on proper planning, individual responsibility and empowerment. We prioritise team-members with opinions and solutions.
Please apply with C.V. and a portfolio with links to projects that can be showcased (playable/video) and C# script examples showcasing you coding style and logic.
Send application and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
PortaPlay is your friendly neighborhood developer, combining storytelling with non-casual gameplay. We primarily develop premium games with real-life inspired topics, themes and settings – with some work-for-hire on the side.
The game-team of PortaPlay is a English-speaking team of around 15 people with a flat structure. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage people of any background to apply.